We've prepared a small update in preparation for a much larger update in the new year.
Here are some things to look for in this build:
- Reduced memory usage
- 3D positional sound
- Updated the ships' appearance to be a bit more realistic.
Please read below for details.
- Flak cannon range reduced from 5 to 4
- Flak cannon fire period increased from 0.1 to 1.1
- Point defense laser uses less energy
- Trickster health increased from 40 to 48
- Trickster accel reduced from 9 to 8
- Trickster turn rate increased from 220 to 240
- Trickster points increased from16 to 18
- Terran ship points increased from 15 to 16
- Terran energy regen rated reduced from 8 to 7 (point defense energy cost reduced in half)
- Menkmack points reduced from 14 to 12
- Pinthi health reduced from 32 to 28
- Pinthi max speed increased from 4.2 to 4.4
- Pinthi point cost increased from 8 to 12
- Pinthi babies max speed increased from 2.5 to 3.5
- Scryve turn rate reduced from 90 dps to 60 dps
- Tywom point cost increased from 13 to 15
- Scryve flak cannon damage increased from 3 to 5
- Disabled displaying part names as tooltips in the Ship Designer
- Slight gravity tweak.
- Beams and Black Hole projectiles are now blocked by planets
- Black Hole projectile collider to better matches its visuals
- Updated ship lighting and materials to be less cartoony
- Ship appearance and lighting is more consistent the crafting screen and Fleet Battle screens
- Improved the VFX of Scryve and Trandals weapons
- Jeff art pass that includes a +4 menace bonus
- Switched over to 3D positional sound. This means that in-game sounds should attenuate with distance.
- Added new sounds and revised many of the older ones
- Added a third piece of BG music to Fleet Battles
- Added support for two players control for the game UI
- Blocked Alt-Enter from switching to/from fullscreen mode as this was causing UI problems.
- Renamed "Brake / Down" to just "Down" in the key config screen. Also unbound controller button 'B' from that key.
- Added in-game leaderboard.
- Prevent firing UI navigation inputs while a text edit box has focus
- Fixed a randomization setting error in the music playlist editor in Wwise that was preventing more than 2 bg music tracks from playing in random order.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes prevent the Scryve Flack Cannon to fire.
- Scryve Scout in Super Melee to now uses the Scyve captain image.
- Modified how buttons handle management of its visual states. This is to fix some unwanted behaviors where buttons get stuck in mouseover states or don't properly show their click states.